Friday, January 7, 2011

Title spotlight - "The Collected Stories: The Legend of Drizzt" by R.A. Salvatore

Although I will repeat myself I have to say that Drizzt Do’Urden will always remain one of my favorite characters and his adventures a delightful memory for me. Well, not exactly all of his adventures since I believe that his series of novels stretches over the limit and started to lose its soul for some time. But, “The Dark Elf” and “The Icewind Dale” are two of the best fantasy series I read and two of my favorite readings. And even though Drizzt Do’Urden’s series of adventures are constantly growing I would rather go back to those early novels.
Through time Drizzt’s story expanded not only through novels, but also through a series of short stories published by R.A. Salvatore in Forgotten Realms anthologies and Dragon magazine. I always wished to read those short stories, but I never had the opportunity to do so. This situation is about to be changed, because on 1st of February Wizards of the Coast will release “The Collected Stories: The Legend of Drizzt”, an anthology that gathers the classic short stories featuring the dark elf hero together with one all new tale. Now I feel that the new novels are forced, but I believe that this collection is truly welcomed. Because I think that it will give me the chance to link the stories I love and to experience again the magic of those first Drizzt Do’Urden’s adventures.

5 comments:

Memory said...

I hadn't heard of this before. Drizzt's one of my favourites, too, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for it!

Mihai A. said...

I am waiting for this one, for a taste of old Drizzt Do'Urden :)

Barbara Martin said...

I've read R.A. Salvatore before and liked the writing. I should give this one a try. Thanks, Mihai.

A belated HAppy New Year to you, and may it bring good health and happiness.

Mihai A. said...

Barbara, Happy New Year! And may 2011 bring you only joy and happiness!
I like R.A. Salvatore a lot too and I am really looking forward to this collection :)

Anonymous said...

The Ghost King was like the first books